Let it add an entry to your Start menu during the install process. That
will allow ERUNT to backup your registry each time you boot. It only
takes a few seconds and has no real impact on boot time. Run ERUNT
immediately after installing it to create a full registry backup. Please save the backup to: C:\Windows\erdnt.
Then if something is deleted that shouldn't have been, simply go to the C:\Windows\erdnt
folder and pick the erdnt.exe wanted to restore the registry to it's
state when it was backed up. This can even be done from the Recovery
Console if needed
Next, please set a System Restore point.
How to create a Restore point
To fix UserInit.exe
- Please press Start > Run. Type in regedit and press OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Microsoft >> Windows NT >> CurrentVersion >> Winlogon
- Each section of the Registry is divided. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then expand Software, then expand Microsoft, then expand Windows NT, then Expand Current Version, then click on a folder named Winlogon.
- When you have selected Winlogon, please do the following to modify the entry:
- In the right hand pane, look for Userinit.
- Right click on Userinit, and click Modify.
- Delete the existing value(s) and enter C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe,
- Please reboot the computer.